Sunday, June 04, 2006

Pistol Shooting


25 meters didnt sound that far...

Wow today was fun. Kim, Rickard, Ahmed and I tried pistol shooting at a club not far away from where we live. Rickard and Ahmed went first and they took their time. It looked like they were having a discussion with the instructor after every 5 shots. But eventually it was our turn. We got to shoot some semi-auto .22 calibre pistols, 50 rounds each, 25 meters away from the target. My only wish for the day was not to be humiliated by Kim who has quite a bit more experience with target shooting then me. After the first 10 rounds or so Kim was comfortably in the lead with a nice grouping around the centre while I kept hitting just below the centre. AND THEN we swaped the guns. The other gun was so much lighter. It makes a lot of difference just because your hand doesnt get tired as quickly. Finally I was getting some nice groupings in around the centre. In the end our instructor was kind enough to let us fire one of his guns. A .45 revolver. Boy oh boy that thing had a nice kick even though he said something about only using 1/2 power bullets. Managed to get an 8 on the first shot :) Overall a great way to spend a day considering the miserable weather outside.

She kept pointing the gun at the target but we all know who she really wanted to shoot :)


You can use your thumbs to feel what way the wind is blowing, to adjust your shot


She was saying just how good of a shooter I am :)


.22 lead, I also got to fire a copper, high velocity bullet

Not too bad for a first timer


I think Rickard managed to chew through his target ...


... but they gave him a new one


Yay for Wellingotn weather


Just playing with depth of field

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that's awesome! sure bits sitting at home with the headache whole weekend! May be you can do that sometime again and I can come too... sob! sob!

Andrey said...

Yeah sure, as soon as you stop working all the time and start answering your phone :) I am definetly going one more time, the guys in the club said they will bring some "more interesting" guns next time

Anonymous said...

I am quite sure you have done something blogworthy in the last 3 weeks !

comon, do the blog thing

Ian said...

Update! Update! Update!

C'mon I've done a huge blog about KL! I wanna know what I'm missing in NZ!